When you join Tiger Lily Press, you join a dedicated group of
individuals who share the rich history of our organization, and our love of printmaking.
Tiger Lily Press and
Cincinnati Recreation Commission Fees
Artists interested in joining Tiger Lily Press should contact Theresa Gates Kuhr (email@example.com) to arrange a studio visit and orientation.
CRC membership will be paid for by Tiger Lily Press out of your TLP dues.
Tiger Lily Membership Form (pdf here or Word doc here.)
Cincinnati Recreation Form (pdf here)
Both forms must be completed and mailed to Theresa Gates Kuhr (address on form) or brought to the studio on your first visit.
For $35 and $65 Membership Levels:
Monthly $50 • Hourly $5
Associate Member $35
- Must exhibit working knowledge of the presses to be able to work independently.
- 20% discount on classes and events.
- One flat drawer of storage for artwork.
- Access to the studio / regular studio rates apply ($5/hour or $50/month)
- Invitation to sell artowrk in Annual Print Sale,
- Opportunity to participate in group exhibitions, portfolio exchanges, and member projects.
Printmaking Artist Member $65 or $150
- Must prove to be proficient in at least two areas of Tiger Lily's Studio (i.e. etching and monoprinting, screen printing and relief, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the presses a MUST.
- New members must show a portfolio of prints.
- All the same benefits as the Associate Member plus:
- Artist's name on Tiger Lily blog with links provided to the individual's website or blog.
- Artwork exhibited on Tiger Lily's Web Gallery
- First priority on Invitational Exhibitions that arise throughout the year.
- Expected to give at least 4 hours of volunteer time toward a Tiger Lily event or project per year. (i.e. Calendar project, class assistance, Print Sale, mailings, assist Working Artist Program, Studio monitoring, etc.)
- Printmaking Artist Members may choose this rate if they would like to receive all of the member's benefits without having to pay studio fees. Logging hours and signing in is still required.
- Printmaking Artist Member qualifications and responsibilities apply.
All members must join the Cincinnati Recreation Commission in order to work in the buildings.
Tiger Lily will pay for your CRC membership from your annual TLP dues. You must fill out the white CRC membership card, turn it in and your membership card will be mailed to you. This card will allow you to access keys to the studio.
Contact us to join or find out more!
Charles Brand Press, prints up to 22" x 30" paper.
Parking is available on site.
The doors to Tiger Lily Press (Dunham Art Building, location here) are locked. You can get the key from the Dunham Recreation building during Dunham’s regular operating hours.
Their hours do change seasonally; click here for the Dunham Recreation building current hours.
The Dunham Recreation Center occasionally has extended summer hours not listed. Feel free to call and check: 513-251-5862.
Open studio hours are twice a week with a monitor. For times check our blog here.
Tiger Lily Press provides saline sulfate and ferric chloride etching supplies, solvents, tarlatan, newsprint, blotters, hand cleaner and oil based etching inks in basic colors. Paper, specific inks (including screen print ink), tools and paper towels are the artists' responsibility.
Classes, events, and monthly demonstrations are scheduled on an ongoing basis.