New Prints Program
CALL FOR ENTRIES DEADLINE: 11:59 PM AUGUST 3, 2012
New Prints 2012/Autumn
On view: October 20 – November 17, 2012
Opening Reception: October 30, 2012, 6-8pm (During NYC Print Week!)
** Visit www.ipcny.org/apply to apply online now! Please apply EARLY to avoid technical problems due to volume. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted. The deadline is 11:59PM on August 3, 2012.
**If you would prefer to apply by mail, please see below for instructions.
In keeping with our mission to promote the greater appreciation and understanding of the fine art print, IPCNY presents a selection of new prints several times per year. New Prints 2012/Autumn will be the 43rd New Prints Exhibition. It will tour to the Visual Arts Center of the University of Texas at Austin, February 1 – March 9, 2013, as part of the university’s Printmaking Convergence program. The Selections Committee will be announced in the coming weeks.
Criteria for selection:
- Only original fine art (limited edition and unique) prints are eligible; reproductions of other artwork such as drawings or paintings are not acceptable.
- Selections will represent a broad diversity of sources, geographical and otherwise.
- Prints must have been completed within a year of the submission deadline.
THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE. Independent artists, workshops, publishers and dealers are all welcome to submit recently completed print projects. Please refer to the Submission Guidelines below. All artists whose work has been selected will be notified by phone or email. If you have not received word by August 17, 2012, check the “what’s new” section of IPCNY’s website for the list of artists included. PLEASE DO NOT CALL US.
Artists and publishers whose work has been selected will be responsible for the framing and delivery of work to IPCNY by October 5, 2012. IPCNY will cover the return cost of delivery within reason. Due to the increased number of international submissions being selected, IPCNY can only contribute $50 dollars on return shipments overseas. Packaging must be provided by the lender for work being shipped outside of New York City.
*NOTE*: Please follow the guidelines when preparing your materials, or your submission may be disqualified.
1) Materials must be received by August 3, 2012
2) NO PHONE CALLS.
3) Send images in digital format on a CD (no DVDs) labeled with the submitter’s name. DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL ARTWORK, ENCLOSE BINDERS, FOLDERS, OR ANY MATERIALS OTHER THAN CD AND IMAGE LIST. A maximum of five works per artist is allowed, with one image and one optional detail per work. There is no size limit.
- Images must be clear, professionally presented, and must accurately represent the work.
- Images must be in jpeg format, the largest dimension (length or width) should be 800 pixels.
- Image resolution must be set at 72 dpi.
- Name each image as follows:
- artist’s last name_artist’s first name_entry number.
- for example, smith_john_01.jpg, smith_john_02.jpg, etc.
All submissions must contain an image list, included as a word document or plain text document on the CD, as well as a hard copy printout. The list should be presented as follows:
- Title the document file: artist last_artist first.doc
- The list must be headed with the name of the submitter and complete contact information: address, phone number and email address. Publishers, please include a new form for each artist submitted.
- Each list entry should be numbered corresponding to the number on the digital images. The list should include: Entry number, artist’s name (first, last), title, date completed, medium, edition size, dimensions: (Height x Length in inches) plate size, paper size, printer, publisher.
Example: John Smith
Love Song, 2012
Lithograph with chine collé. Edition: 25
Plate: 25″ x 25″, Paper: 30″ x 30″
Printed by Editions, Inc.
Published by the artist
Mail to: IPCNY, New Prints Program, 508 West 26th Street, Room 5A, New York, NY 10001